- ACCDAN, LOGIC and North Metro Neighbors held a community meeting on January 19th, 2017. For more information about the meeting, read the information flyer, see the pdf version of the slideshow presented at the meeting and read the questions and answers. You can also access Adams County presentation and the flyer that was distributed containing a list of contacts and how to get involved. Correction to information provided by Adams County at the Community Meeting on January 19: An Adams County representative stated that there were no operating injection wells in Adams County, but on further review it was determined that there are two operating injection wells in the county. Read the memo clarifying this and a map of the injection well locations.
- Board of Adams County Commissioners public hearing held on March 22nd, 2016 ending the 6 week moratorium and approving amendments to the county’s regulatory process . Watch the hearing.
The Adams County Board of County Commissioners ended a six-week moratorium on new oil and gas permit applications, and approved amendments to the county’s regulatory process. The Commissioners also approved four pending MOUs submitted by Extraction Oil and Gas, PDC Energy, PetroShare Corporation and Synergy Resources Corporation.
While Adams County has made it clear in the proposed regulations that a site specific permit will be needed for each oil and gas facility in the county, nothing contained in the proposed permit requirements provides neighborhoods with the protections ACCDAN has sought for the past 8 months. No requirement for a public meeting, no requirement for an alternative site analysis, no requirements for improved air and water quality monitoring or use of best management practices to reduce emissions and spills when close to homes and public buildings. ACCDAN is requesting the proposed regulations be amended immediately to include, at the very minimum, the basic protections Erie and Broomfield have provided for their residents.
- Special public hearing of the Adams County Planning Commission held on March 21st, 2016. Listen to the hearing.
- On February 9 th 2016 , the Adams County Commissioners held a study session with ACCDAN and the American Petroleum Institute (API). At the conclusion of the study session the commissioners voted 3 to 2 to take a 6 week time out from issuing oil and gas permits and signing MOUs in urban growth areas (largely the western half of the county) to get advice from their newly hired counsel. View the study session slideshow presented by ACCDAN.
- Adams County Public Hearing on oil and gas on January, 26th, 2016. Watch the hearing. ACCDAN's presentation is at 2:42:00. View the public hearing slideshow presented by ACCDAN.
- COGCC's rulemaking ended on January 25th, 2016. Check this link if you want to learn more about the Task Force rulemaking. All the hearings have been recorded and are posted on the COGCC's website. Read ACCDAN's concluding remarks at the COGCC Rulemaking hearing. Read ACCDAN's prehearing statement as well as some of the other parties' statements regarding the COGCC rulemaking.
- Study Session at the Adams County Government Center with COGCC director Matt Lepore (January 5th, 2016).
Community Information Meeting organized by ACCDAN on December 7, 2015. Check the informative slideshow that was presented during the meeting.
COGCC's public hearings to implement to implement new regulation regarding the location of large multi-well production facilities in close proximity to urbanized areas (#17) on November 16 and 17 and December 7.
Stakeholder meetings held by the COGCC on Ocober 14-16th.
Study Session on October 6th, 2015 at the Adams County Government Center.
Synergy meeting on September 16th, 2015 at Rocky Top Middle school from 6:30pm to 8pm. To read a summary of the Synergy meeting, click here.
Community Meeting organized by ACCDAN on September 8th, 2015 at Rocky Top Middle school.